Netflix Announces Shadow and Bone Casting!

The long-awaited casting announcement for the upcoming Netflix series Shadow and Bone has got Grishaverse fans screaming for episodes.

See Leigh Bardugo’s announcement tweet here

Based on Leigh Bardugo’s best-selling Shadow and Bone and Six of Crows fantasy novels, the promise of a Netflix adaptation has been stirring excitement in the YA book community since its initial announcement at the beginning of the year. The series takes place in a world referred to as the Grishaverse, where there are thieves, assassins, magic wielders, and flesh-eating monsters. Each character faces their own struggles, internal and external, as they face the darkness that rises.

And now we know the amazing cast!

✶ Jessie Mei Li as Alina Starkov
✶ Ben Barnes as General Kirigan (aka The Darkling *swoon*)
✶ Archie Renaux as Malyen Orets
✶ Freddy Carter as Kaz Brekker
✶ Amita Suman as Inej Ghafa
✶ Kit Young as Jesper Fahey

According to a Deadline article, the cast will also include Sujaya Dasgupta, Danielle Galligan, Daisy Head, and Simon Sears.

I am excited to see a diverse group of actors and actresses ready to bring one of my favorite book series to life. Although the entire cast has not been revealed, we can expect great things from the upcoming adaptation.

What are your thoughts on the casting announcement?
Stay tuned for more Grishaverse news and updates!

9 thoughts on “Netflix Announces Shadow and Bone Casting!

1. dinipandareads October 2, 2019 / 7:59 pm

SCREAMING! I’m soooo excited. And Ben Barnes 😍😍😍I can’t eeeven…. I really hope that this isn’t a flop lol I’m really hoping it’ll be amazing!

Liked by 1 person

• wolfrosereads October 3, 2019 / 8:43 am

I am trying so hard not to build up my expectations (just in case), but it’s been really hard. 😄 And yes! Ben Barnes!!!! ❤️

2. Ngoza May October 2, 2019 / 11:23 pm

I’m SCREAMING of course! I’m just wondering how they’re going to mesh Shadow and Bone and Six of Crows but I heard Leigh Bardugo is going to be an executive producer on the show so I’m not too worried

Liked by 1 person

• wolfrosereads October 3, 2019 / 8:41 am

I was thinking about that too. From what I heard, it seems like season 1 will act as the first book of the Shadow and Bone trilogy and a prequel to Six of Crows. I am so excited to see it come to life! ❤️

• Ngoza May October 3, 2019 / 11:23 am

I’m so excited too! I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how it’ll all play out on screen… Are you as excited as everyone else is about Ben Barnes playing the darkling?

Liked by 1 person

• wolfrosereads October 3, 2019 / 1:17 pm

I think he’ll be an amazing darkling! Truthfully, I was nervous about who they would get, but now I feel better 😊

• Ngoza May October 3, 2019 / 9:19 pm

Yeah, they made such a good choice with him! Gah I’m so excited for this show 😅

Liked by 1 person

3. Sophie @ Blame Chocolate October 8, 2019 / 1:42 pm

I was not over the moon about the cast reveal, to be quite honest, but I’ll definitely watch the show and hope the actors’ talent (or lack thereof, I don’t know) changes my mind. I am super excited about Ben Barnes, though – he’s a spot-on Darkling (even though I pictured him more as a Sean O’Pry lookalike throughout the series) ❤

Liked by 1 person

• wolfrosereads October 8, 2019 / 1:56 pm

I think what hyped up the news most for me was the realization that the show is actually happening. I guess we’ll have to wait until it releases to know for sure 😊

Liked by 1 person